Skip to main content



Contact Us
Commercial Property
Employment Law
Family Law & Child Care
Residential Conveyancing
Wills and Probate
Site Policy
Site Map
How To Find Us
Diversity Data

Family Law Department


The family law department is supervised by Sadia French, a Resolution Accredited Specialist for public law & private law children matters.

The family department consists of a team of legal advisors able to deal with any aspect of family law including:-

    ·         Injunctions & domestic violence

    ·         Childcare & adoption

    ·         Divorce, separation and disputes between unmarried couples

    ·         Financial issues and settlements in divorce and separation

    ·        Issues relating to children - including contact 





Legal Aid


We have a Legal Aid contract for Family Law.

If you want to check whether you are eligible for Legal Aid, use the eligibility calculator on the Legal Services Commission website at:



It is helpful if you are able to print out the eligibility result and bring this with you to your appointment.
If you are in receipt of benefits, you will need a letter of proof from the DWP. To obtain this from Great Oaks,
Basildon - telephone: 0845 608 8575.


You may be able to get legal aid to help with some family matters; however, you will need to provide a Solicitor with evidence that you are entitled to legal aid.  The following guidance explains the steps you will need to take to get that evidence:


·        If you are a victim of domestic violence and are divorcing or separating from an abusive partner:


You can get legal aid to help with the divorce or issues such as child contact or how to share money or property, but you will need to give your solicitor some evidence that you have been a victim of domestic violence by your partner.


·         When a child is at risk of abuse from a partner:


You can get legal aid to help with issues such as child contact or removal of a parent’s Parental Responsibility but you must be able to give your Solicitor some evidence that child abuse has taken place.


Fixed Fees 


If you are not eligible for Legal Aid, we can help you with competitive Fixed Rate work in South Essex courts.


Please contact us for further details